Thursday, July 31, 2008

McClellan Butte

Um the trail.
Me. Notice the brand new boots. Set me back quite a bit. Quite comfortable actually, still need to be broken in. Sole still stiff. Some rubbing on my left heel. Otherwise good to go.

Well McClellan Butte hike was good. We started at 5:30PM. Sunset was at 8:27PM, so we (the slower group) hiked up about half way till we got to our turnaround time of 7:00PM. At 7:00PM sharp we went back down, got back to the lot at 8:30, and it quickly became dark soon after.

The other team, went all the way up to the summit, and returned an hour later at the parking lot 9:30PM. The summit is 9.8 Miles from the Trailhead, with about 3'700 - 4'000 feet elevation gain. The pictures they brought back was outstanding, and I'll plan to do McClellan Butte as a day hike and not an evening conditioner. I figure this would be a great day hike. At 1,000 feet/hour, I'd like to go up there and plan 4 hours up and 4 hours down, with an hour lunch at the summit. That will be a lot of fun.

I figured we got up about halfway. 2.5Miles up, and about 2000 feet. So total would be 5.0 Miles, and 2000 feet elevation gain.

No comments: